This is a continuation from my Lesson Learned blog I wrote last week. What does closing the door mean for you after your LESSON LEARNED experience? Well for me it’s different from what I used to do in my 20s. If we already started to talk, going on dates etc…it doesn’t require me to just disappear. I was notorious for pulling the disappearing act. Now I make it clear, BRUH ISSA NO whether in person or on the phone. Next step is CLOSING THE DOOR. It is way too much to constantly see them in person/social media or speaking to them on the phone. Close the Door sis, let God work in your life by finally closing that door.
When you close the door to that useless situation you allow another door to be opened. Another door to be opened allowing NO extra PAST baggage. You are finally allowed to NOT have extra baggage from things holding you back. It is freeing so you can see clearer, hear, know and feel better about the next level. You will even feel lighter on your feet without the extra baggage. Guard your heart be very selective of who you say YES too. I am just asking us to be protective over our own hearts before we ask someone else to protect our hearts. It is all about YOU first, point, blank and the period.
5 Things that will make you want to say YES to A MAN:
1. A man who is consistent – Starting STRONG & Remaining STRONG when it comes to YOU.
2. A man who is working – A PROVIDER.
3. A man who communicates and not leaving you wondering – IT DOESN’T TAKE MUCH TO LET YOU KNOW CERTAIN THINGS using time wisely – HE NEEDS NO EXTRA TIME TO MAKE YOU AWARE OF THINGS.
4. A man who makes you feel comfortable about the decisions he makes and is understanding of your feelings.
5. A man who has VISION/GOALS/PURPOSE – HE KNOWS WHERE HE IS GOING AND IS INCLUDING YOU in the FUTURE.
All in all if you see NO future, don’t waste your time. Make it clear when it’s nothing there and close that door once and for all. Tell me some ways you close your door? Remember, respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you HAPPY! Sis, close the door and be FREE!
Until next time…..
Ashley W. Gillett